Moto E3 Power is one of the best budget android devices available in India. The price tag of the device makes it a worthy competitor for many. When it comes to the specifications, The device boasts a 5″ 720P HD display coupled with a MediaTek Quadcore process & 2 Gigs of Ram. If you are a camera buff then the device sports a 8 MP back and 5 MP front cameras. The device runs Android 6.0.1 and should get the Nougat update anytime soon. You can unlock Moto E3 Power bootloader before rooting it.
As we have discussed in the recent article on “Everything you need to know about rooting and unlocking Moto E3 Power“. If you missed this article go and check it out. Unlocking your device’s bootloader is the initial step of rooting Moto E3 Power. In order to unlock Bootloader of Moto E3 Power, you need to first root Moto E3 Power.
When it comes to Moto devices, they are pretty straight forward with the process of bootloader unlocking. If you wish to unlock Bootloader of Moto E3 Power, then there are official guides itself to help you. Moto encourages developers so that you won’t find it hard to find guides. So if you are thinking to root Moto E3 Power then Unlock Bootloader of Moto E3 Power by following our guide.
Prerequisites to Unlock Bootloader of Moto E3 Power:
There are few prerequisites to unlock bootloader of Moto E3 Power and make sure to check them out. We advise you to go through all the prerequisites to save yourself from trouble while you try to unlock Bootloader of Moto E3 Power.
- Make sure that you have enough charging (70%+) on your device. (Buy Power Banks for Moto E3 Power at cheaper rates)
- Backup all important data on your device as unlocking Bootloader of Moto E3 Power as you’ll lose it.
- Enable “Developer Options” on your device. (Check below to know how to enable developer options)
- Navigate to Settings >> Developer Options >> enable “USB Debugging”.
- Next, enable “OEM Unlock” to unlock your bootloader.
- Download Moto E3 ADB drivers here.
How to Enable Developer Options on Moto E3 Power
Developer Options is a hidden feature of Android devices which can be enabled to unlock Bootloader of Moto E3 Power. Developer Options contain a number of features which aren’t available to normal users. So if you are finding it hard to enable developer options on Moto E3 Power then follow below steps.
- Unlock your device and navigate to “Settings”.
- Navigate to “About Phone”.
- Now tap on build number 7 times.
That’s it you have successfully enabled Developer Options on Moto E3 Power. Now you can find “Developer Options” in the settings itself. Now let’s dive into our guide on “How to Unlock Moto E3 Power Bootloader”.
If you have read the prerequisites then you can unlock the bootloader of Moto E3 Power. So let’s see the steps to unlock Moto E3 Bootloader.
Procedure to Unlock Moto E3 Power Bootloader:
- Unzip the adb which you have downloaded earlier.
- Make sure you have Moto E3 Power drivers installed on your device. Connect your device to the computer.
- Now navigate to the unzipped folder and hold Shift + right click & select “Open CMD here”.
- In the command windows, type in “adb devices” which will show the list of connected devices.
- Next type in
"adb reboot bootloader", which will reboot the device to bootloader.
- Now type in another command
"fastboot oem get_unlock_data"which will look like the below pic.
- You will get a string of text, copy & paste it in notepad and make sure to delete empty spaces.
- Go to Motorola site to unlock Bootloader and create an account if you don’t have one.
- Now you need to paste the text you copied earlier and click on “Can my device be unlocked?”
- You will get an unlock key on your registered email id.
- Next, you need to copy the unlock key and type in
"fastboot oem unlock <your_unlock_key>"
- This will unlock the bootloader of Moto E3 Power.
- Reboot Moto E3 Power and you are good to go.
That’s it you have successfully unlocked Moto E3 Bootloader. If you have any queries regarding the how to unlock Bootloader of Moto E3 Power then do leave a comment below. Make sure to bookmark our site to get latest Moto E3 Power Updates.