This guide will show you how to install custom recovery on Moto E3 Power using TWRP. Moto E3 Power is an excellent device for people who are looking for a powerful device within a limited budget. The device packs some serious specifications like Quad-core processor coupled with 2 GB Ram. The device comes with a 16 GB of internal storage, and you can use an external SD Card as well.
If you are reading this article, then you are searching for a guide on How to install Custom Recovery on Moto E3 Power. You are in the right place as we are covering the guide for you. Before diving into the guide, you need to unlock Moto E3 Power bootloader. To do that you can check our guide on How to Unlock Moto E3 Power Bootloader and it is easy as a breeze.
You need to unlock the bootloader to install custom recovery on Moto E3 Power. We will be showing you the procedure to install TWRP recovery on Moto E3 Power. TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project which builds recovery images for many devices. TWRP also made a recovery image for Moto E3 Power which you can flash on your device. You can backup and restore ROMs using the recovery.
Prerequisites to Install Custom Recovery on Moto E3 Power
You need to follow a few requirements before installing Custom Recovery on Moto E3 Power. We strictly advise you to have a look at them before you step to install custom recovery on Moto E3 Power.
- Make sure that you have enough charging on your device. (Buy Power Banks for Moto E3 Power at cheaper rates)
- Make sure that you have Moto E3 Power USB Drivers installed on your computer.
- You need to have an unlocked bootloader, refer to our guide on How to Unlock Moto E3 Power Bootloader.
- Download recovery files from here.
- Download ADB Drivers from here.
- Backup all important data on your device as you may lose data during the process.
- Enable USB Debugging
Now you are ready to install custom recovery on Moto E3 Power. Make sure to download necessary files before proceeding further.
Disclaimer: The guide is for experimental purposes only. We have tested the guide, and it is working correctly. We are not responsible for bricked devices and damaged SD Cards. Make sure that you follow each and every step carefully to install custom recover on Moto E3 Power.
How to Install Custom Recovery Moto E3 Power:
Make sure that you have read the prerequisites carefully. Don’t skip any steps and make sure that your device is connected to the computer during the process. Simple steps to install Custom Recovery on Moto E3 Power:
- Unzip the adb, which you have downloaded earlier.
- Make sure you have drivers installed on your device. Connect your device to the computer.
- Now navigate to the unzipped folder and hold Shift + right click & select “Open CMD here.”
- In the command windows, type in
adb deviceswhich will show a list of connected devices.
- Next type in
ADB reboot bootloader.
- Now your device will be booted into bootloader mode.
- Drag the recovery image to the ADB folder and rename it to recovery.img
- Next type in command, fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and hit enter.
- You can reboot the device by typing in fastboot reboot which will reboot the device.
You have successfully installed a custom recovery on Moto E3 Power. If you are wondering how to boot into recovery mode on Moto E3 Power, you can follow below steps.
How to get into Recovery Mode Moto E3 Power?
As you have completed the process to install custom recovery on Moto E3 power and next thing on the list is rooting Moto E3 Power. To do that you need to boot into recovery mode. To do that turn off your device and turn on by pressing Volume Up and Power button. Select the recovery from options.
You can follow our guide on How to Root Moto E3 Power to root the device.Hope this guide helped you to install custom recovery on Moto E3 Power. In case if you have any doubts then do lets us know via comments below. Do subscribe to our blog to get the latest information on Moto E3 Power updates.